Random House Children’s Books has released a series of new licensed titles, which includes books based on top children’s characters from Disney Princesses to Thomas & Friends:
- Disney: A range of books, timed to hit shelves in advance of Brave’s DVD release this fall, includes the Highland Heroes Friendship box with four board books, the 3-D storybook Take Aim and a Step into Reading book based on the film.
Random House Disney is also focusing on Cinderella to capitalize on the Diamond edition DVD release of the classic film with the Bibbidi, Bobbidi, Books set of Cinderella board books, Cinderella: The Big Golden Book and a Junior novelization of the Cinderella story.
The newest Disney Fairies movie starring Tinker Bell will be out on DVD Oct. 23 and RH Disney has a range of supporting books planned include a Big Golden Book that retells the story of the movie and a junior novelization of the film.
A series of books based on favorite Disney films including Cars, Finding Nemo, Toy Story and Lady and the Tramp are also planned, as well as two new books based on the Disney Junior shows, “Jake and the Never Land Pirates” and “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.”
- Nickelodeon: A wide variety of Nick shows will get the Random House treatment this month with new books for “Winx Club,” “House of Anubis,” “Bubble Guppies,” “Team Umizoomi,” “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” and “Pocoyo.”
- Sesame Street: Elmo gets two new books–Get Moving with Elmo! and Elmo’s Rockin’ Rhyme Time!
- Thomas and Friends: The TV show gets a new line of board books for boys ages 2 to 5 with glow-in-the-dark ink.
- DC Comics: All the DC Super Friends come together in a series of five Step into Reading books for boys ages 4 to 6.
- Marvel: The Spider-Man, Iron Man and Avengers Little Golden Books editions will be bound in one hardcover book and the Incredible Hulk gets a Little Golden Book of his own.
- Barbie: Barbie runs for class president in the newest Barbie Step into Reading book based on the Barbie I Can Be line of dolls.