The promotion is offering shoppers voucher booklets with discounts for a variety of licensed products at key retail partners. In addition, retailers are supporting the initiative with in-store product displays, posters, balloons and stickers.
New partners include:
- Fisher-Price and V-Tech at Argos for £5 ($8) off when £20 ($31) is purchased on Dora the Explorer products.
- A4T at Game and Gamestation for £5 ($8) off SpongeBob SquarePants accessories.
- Egmont for 50 percent off Dora the Explorer magazines at WHSmiths.
- Titan for 30 percent off a year's subscription to SpongeBob SquarePants magazine.
- Paramount for DVDs beginning at £5 ($8) for all Nickelodeon properties.
Meanwhile, Virgin Media has signed on as an affiliate partner and is running promotional activities on event days to raise awareness of Nickelodeon content on its platforms, as well as offering customers two months free of Nickelodeon who sign up for specific deals. The company's in-store activities include Dora and SpongeBob goodies for the first 100 visitors to each store who hand in a promotional voucher from Nick activity areas. A competition has also launched for a chance to win a Dora or SpongeBob-themed party.
"The shopping center tour is a perfect mechanic to engage directly with our audiences," says Andy Goodhand, Nickelodeon
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.