The National Hockey League, which held its annual licensing and retail trade show on Wednesday and Thursday, announced 23 new licensees in the home, gifts, novelties, toys, games and accessories categories.
In addition, Franklin Sports inked a multi-year license renewal to continue its 20-year global partnership to produce NHL Street Hockey Gear.
The new partners, listed below, will bring dozens of new NHL-branded products to U.S. and Canadian marketplaces for the 2011-12 hockey season.
• A&E Group: apparel and outerwear.
• Amscan: party supplies and décor products.
• Artissimo: framed canvas prints.
• Blakeway: panoramic arena shots.
• Bodylabel: temporary body stickers.
• Bleacher Creatures: children's plush and hand puppets.
• Coveroo: cell phone covers, customized journal cases and covers.
• Fabrique: pillow pets.
• Fan Fever: goal lights.
• First Time Fan: baby bottles, sippy cups, feeding sets and gift sets.
• Game On Glove: molded foam fist drink holders, graphic computer keyboards, mini-speakers and storage trunks.
• Jellyfish: toys, puzzles and games.
• Levelwear: apparel and outerwear (Canada).
• Resource: locker skins.
• RMP Athletic: surf and skate apparel and outerwear (Canada).
• SCM Distributors: framed canvas prints.
• Sportin' Scarves: fashion scarves.
• Stuffed Animal: novelty plush animal figurines, zipper pulls, magnets, pillows and backpacks (Canada).
• Team Sports: garden items (U.S.).
• Tribeca: laptop sleeves, tablet and cell phone covers.
• Tervis: tumblers and ice buckets.
• Vineyard Vines: silk ties, belts, tote bags and cuff links (U.S.).
• Wild Sales: tailgate toss and office furniture.
"Shoppers can expect more variety this year," says Brian Jennings, NHL executive vice president of marketing. "We are forging new partnerships as part of our licensing strategy to extend the reach of the NHL brand. Our fans have exhibited an insatiable appetite for acquiring products that enable them to showcase their team pride and loyalty at home and at work."