More than 1,000 participants flocked to the this year's MIPJunior, the international showcase for children and youth programs, which runs Oct. 1-2 in Cannes ahead of MIPCOM.
m4e's "Mia & Me" property won the eighth annual the Licensing Challenge, which was presented in partnership with License! Global magazine. The competition considered a selection of 80 shows launched during the previous year and presented an award to the one with the greatest potential in terms of licensing and merchandising.
Holly Stein, vice president, licensing acquisitions & business development of Mattel, headed up this year's international jury, which included Tony Lisanti, editor-in-chief of License! Global magazine (moderator); Grahame Grassby, Stella Projects; Elias Hofman, Exim Licensing; Maria Doolan, Zinkia Entertainment; and Bettina Kockler, Chorion.
Top companies presented numerous shows at the event, including:
- Atlantyca Brings its Animation
- CBeebies Acquires More Waybuloo
- Classic Media Presents Hallmark Content
- DQE Joins 'Franco and Formula Fun'
- Endemol Names Brazil Rep
- 'Everything's Rosie' to Air on Vme
- FME Acquires Fresh TV's 'Grojband'
- FME Partners with Animation Collective
- 'Gogo's Crazy Bones' Screens
- Guru Brings Shows for All Ages
- Hasbros Studios Sends Shows to Turkey
- Kidobi Seeks Content at MIPCOM
- Little Airplane Debuts 'Toot Town'
- Millimages Debuts 'Mouk'
- Nelvana Sells 'Scaredy Squirrel' to Disney
- Planeta Junior Features 'Maya,' 'Wizard'
- 'Secret Millionaires Club' Debuts
- Target Inks Kids' Deals
- Toei Animation Shows 'Toriko'
- VIMN Inks Ukraine, Latin America Deals
- Zodiak Kids Signs with Turner for Asia