Marvel Entertainment announced details of its merchandising program for the Marvel vs. Capcom video game franchise.
This co-branded program supports the recent release of Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds. Partners will produce the products across multiple categories.
- Mad Engine has produced apparel including t-shirts and sweatshirts currently available at Hot Topic stores nationwide.
- Philcos Enterpriser has signed on to produce a line of t-shirts and sweatshirts available this month. This July, Sears will also carry its youth line in stores.
- Diamond Select Toys and Collectibles will release Marvel vs. Capcom Minimates. The two-pack set will be available at Toys ‘R’ Us stores and specialty stores in August.
- Hollywood Collectibles Group will debut high-end collectible statue sets inspired by the characters featured in Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Each set will include one character from each Universe, and will be available in September.
- Mad Catz released its Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds–Arcade FightStick: Tournament Edition for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, currently available online.
- UDON will unveil an art book this summer featuring Marvel vs. Capcom imagery.
“Fans have been clamoring to get their hands on all things Marvel vs. Capcom so we wanted to unveil a merchandise program that took their gaming experience to a whole new level,” says Paul Gitter, president of consumer products for North America at Marvel Entertainment. “Our partners are creating exciting product lines that accurately reflect the action-packed match-ups between these legendary characters featured in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 that fans will love.”