In preparation for the 30th anniversary of the television series “Fraggle Rock,” the Jim Henson Company has released a new range of special edition Fraggle Rock designs on CafePress.com.
The 10 designs now available on the custom merchandise site are the winners of the Fraggle Rock Talenthouse contest, which challenge fans to create 30th anniversary art for the brand.
The winning designs are available for 30 days in advance of the holiday season and will return to CafePress in April 2013 as part of a selection of merchandise offered to commemorate 30 years of Fraggle fun.
"The response from partners and licensees has been incredible and we are actively reviewing potential opportunities for the Dance Your Cares Away celebration," says Melissa Segal, senior vice president, global consumer products, The Jim Henson Company. "We are continuing to look for exciting brands that share our love of the Fraggle Rock property and want to join in the festivities."
As of now, The Jim Henson Company has already teamed up with 30 brands, designers and artists for the Dance Your Cares Away 30th anniversary celebration. The most recent addition to the roster include:
- Cocktail lounge The Spare Room, which will host a Fraggle Rock event in late April with Fraggle-inspired drinks, games and musical performances to kick off the anniversary celebration;
- The Spare Room co-creators Marc Rose and Med Abrous will also design a line of custom game sets in honor of the anniversary, including a limited edition set of Fraggle Rock playing cards;
- Sculptor Greg Ortiz will introduce a limited edition collectible figurines featuring Red Fraggle;
- Online-game developer Bigpoint will incorporate Fraggle Rock as special premium virtual items into Farmerama;
- Jumpin Jammerz will create a line of footed pajamas for junior’s and adults;
- Manhattan Toy will create a new Fraggle Rock line, adding to their existing line of plush toys, puppets, and plush keychain items for the U.S., Canada, the U.K. and Europe.