this Friday, DreamWorks Animation has stacked up a number of licensing partners.
The latest licensees include:
- Toy Quest as master toy partner for a full line of figures and vehicles, available exclusively at Toys"R"Us. The range includes 6-inch, fully articulated action figures, two-pack assortments of collectible mini figures, a collector pack gift set, walking robot and deluxe minion figure with lights and sounds.
- THQ for a game, playable on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Wii and Nintendo DS. In addition, the game publisher is rolling out a mobile game for the iPhone, iPod touch and other major carriers worldwide.
- McDonald's for a Happy Meal program in North America and Europe. The fast-food chain is offering eight collectible toys, themed packaging, games and activities in virtual world McWorld, a flash game from THQ and $5-off coupons for Megamind video games.
- Penguin Books for traditional storybooks.
- Dalmation Press for coloring and activity books.
- Ape Entertainment for comic books and graphic novels.
- iStoryTime for a digital book application.
- HP and Intel for printable consumer impressions available online and at retail kiosks.
- Starwood Hotels & Resorts for family getaway packages featuring Megamind at North America Starwood Resorts.
- Airheads for movie-themed six packs of candy, as well as new flavors mega cherry and minion-ade. The promotion is support by television ads and online games.
- Chase Freedom as exclusive financial services sponsor.
"From toys, books and video games to apparel and confection plus consumer technology, DreamWorks Animation's Megamind in all of his super hero glory will be hard to miss wherever you are this fall," says Anne Globe, head of worldwide marketing for DreamWorks Animation. "Our strong roster of promotional and licensee partners complements our theatrical campaign across the country in support of Megamind."
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.