In Disney Games, comScore Media Matrix reported Club Penguin, Toontown Online and Disney Fairies Pixie Hollow as key movers last month. Meanwhile, traffic highs were seen at Disney Movies because of the release of
Toy Story 3
in theaters. Special online promotions and activities also led to the increase, including Disney's "U Rock" user-generated music video promotion and the rollout of an online mosaic where guests can create and share original pieces of art.
"The online environment sets a very competitive landscape, making record-breaking traffic numbers like these a tremendous achievement," says Paul Yanover, executive vice president and managing director, Disney Online. "Year after year, our traffic growth demonstrates our
Meanwhile, traffic highs were also seen on Disney online video and mobile Web platforms. Some highlights:
- Web video posted an all-time viewing population high of 14 percent.
- Record-breaking amount of video streams were reached with kids ages 6 to 14 at 56.4 million.
- Traffic increases were attributed to new games and apps based on Toy Story, Camp Rock 2 and Radio Disney.
- Mobile video views posted at 1.9 million and game starts at 900,000.
- The Disney app exceeded 1 million downloads.
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.