CBS Consumer Products is adding a new slate of Star Trek products that will retail throughout the next year.
- PPW Toys will introduce the first Mr. Potato Head toy line based on the most popular characters from both the Original Series and the Next Generation. The line will be available in the U.S. and Canada.
- Titan Merchandise will create busts based Star Trek characters that will be sold across North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, India, the Middle East, Iceland and the Pacific Islands.
- Bandai will offer deck building games based on The Original Series and The Next Generation in the U.S. and Canada.
- USAopoly will warp the classic Monopoly board game series into the Star Trek universe with Klingon Monopoly, which will hit stores in the U.S. and Canada.
- Mighty Fine will create a line of Star Trek-inspired knit tops, t-shirts, hoodies and fleece for the U.S.
- Pez Candy will release a Pez collector’s set in 2012 to celebrate the 25th anniversary of The Next Generation in the U.S.
“The Star Trek brand has only grown in popularity in recent years thanks to a whole new generation of fans discovering the property through the film,” says Liz Kalodner, executive vice president and general manager of CBS Consumer Products. “These new products, based on both the television and film versions, are just another great way for fans to connect with the franchise.”