“Boo’s popularity and the demand for Boo licensed merchandise has been nothing short of spectacular, and we are just getting started,” says Tamra Knepfer, co-president, Knockout. “Boo appeals to a broad age range from toddlers through adults with a very strong teen program thanks to the incredible support of Boo by Urban Outfitters in particular. This type of range in demographic and distribution makes Boo a very popular license.”
New Boo licensees include:
- Calendar Holdings will create 1000-piece jigsaw puzzles and playing cards;
- FouFou Dog will make Boo luggage tags, keychains, and My Pet Blankie roll-up plush pet blankets, as well as other small accessories;
- Innovative Designs will create Boo school supplies and stationery;
- License 2 will use Boo imagery on disposable cameras that will be available at Urban Outfitters for the holiday season;
- Mighty Fine will create girls apparel including fashion tops, t-shirts and fleece items; and
- The U.K.-based Paladone Products will produce a wide range of Boo novelty items including mugs, magnets, pin badges, shopping totes, pencil cases, pencil toppers, coin purses, umbrellas, passport covers and more.
These new licensees join current Boo partners Gund, Evy of California, Ripple Junction, Audiology and publisher Chronicle Books.
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.