Following on the heels of the Saturday premiere of the new Care Bears television show, American Greetings Properties has announced a series of new licensing deals for the brand.
In addition to the launch of the new show “Care Bears: Welcome to Care-a-Lot” on the Hub and the announcement of a new line of toys from Hasbro that will hit shelves in 2013, AGP has expanded the property into several new consumer product categories worldwide including furniture, apparel, accessories and publishing.
"The Care Bears messages of caring and sharing have touched the hearts of generations of fans worldwide,” says Carla Silva, vice president of global licensing, American Greetings Properties. “We are thrilled to be partnering with such an innovative and creative group of licensees who will bring the Care Bears to life through an exciting range of new products.”
This year marks the Care Bears’ 30th anniversary. New licensing partners include:
- Newco will develop Care Bears-themed furniture for kids that will include rocking chairs, sofas, beanbag chairs and toy boxes, available in the U.S.
- Oysho has renewed its worldwide direct-to-retail deal for a Care Bears sleepwear and underwear collection launching this spring.
- Israeli company Fox has acquired the direct-to-retail rights for a line of Care Bears baby, kids, teen and adult apparel, to be sold at Fox stores worldwide.
- Sunset International inked a deal for a collection of Care Bears apparel and accessories, available in Germany and Benelux.
- Artemisa in Argentina and Shanghai 99 Culture have signed on for publishing. The deal with Shanghai 99 marks the brand’s first publishing deal in China.
- A number of new licensees have signed on in Brazil including Fakini Malhas (apparel), Tilibra (stationery), Emoly (health and beauty aids) and Climaco (oral care).
- AGP has secured several live event partners around the globe for the Care Bears including XSystem in Singapore, Alikhan Live Entertainment in Malaysia, Philippines and Indonesia, and Entertainment Store in Australia.
AGP will be presenting Care Bears in Booth 7459 at Licensing Expo, June 12-14 in Las Vegas, Nev.