Quiksilver Adds Six New Licensees
Quiksilver has signed a raft of new partners to extend its brands, including Quiksilver, Roxy and DC, into children’s apparel, watches, legwear, luggage and more.
"These agreements cover large geographic markets and, importantly, dovetail with our profit improvement plan by significantly reducing product styles for our design team and supply chain. We expect our license agreements to lower operating costs and inventory levels," says Andy Mooney, chief executive officer, Quiksilver.
Among the new Quiksilver licensees are:
- Parigi Group for Roxy-branded young girls’ and children's apparel, sizes newborn to girl’s 16. The line will launch in spring/summer 2015 in the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico, as well as a number of Central and South American countries.
- E. Gluck for watches under the Quiksilver, Roxy and DC brands that will launch in fall 2015.
- Planet Sox, a division of PS Brands, for socks in all sizes for the Quiksilver, Roxy and DC brands in North America beginning with the holiday 2014 season. International sales will follow in spring 2015.
- Travel Plus International for luggage, backpacks and bags that will launch under the Quiksilver, Roxy and DC brands in fall 2015 in the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico, as well as a number of Central and South American countries.
- The Northwest Company for beach towels and beach-related accessories for the Quiksilver, Roxy and DC brands beginning in spring 2015 in territories that include the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico, as well as a number of countries in South and Central America.
- SARL Euroglass and its affiliate Equity Bell for Quiksilver and Roxy brand surfboards, stand-up paddleboards and other surf accessories, as well Quiksilver-branded cruiser, penny and long board-style skateboards.