(OLT) have launched OLT x Picasso, a new collection of OLT’s signature book clutch bags featuring 10 masterpieces by Pablo Picasso curated by de Pury.
Available from 2022, each piece included in the OLT x Picasso collection is hand-embroidered into limited editions of 77 book clutches. The first clutches are available via Olympia Le-Tan's website with three new styles released every six months that can be pre-ordered now online. Some of the clutches were released earlier this year – “Le rêve,” “Tête de femme avec un chapeau à pompons” and “Portrait de Dora Maar.”
“The clutches were always causing this reaction,” says de Pury. “I was fascinated by the craft and by the degree of the quality with which they are made. The craftsmanship is outstanding. They are as original as they are extremely well done.”
de Pury appreciates “the chicest clutch bags” not only as “an object worn by someone but also as a collecting
Simon de Pury’s OLT x Picasso collection includes these masterpieces:
1. “Le rêve,” 1932 (collection particulière)
2. “La femme qui pleure,” 1937 (Tate, London)
3. “Jeune fille devant un miroir,” 1932 (MoMA, New York)
4. “Portrait de Dora Maar,” 1937 (Musée National Picasso, Paris)
5. “Portrait de Angel Fernández de Soto,” 1903 (private collection)
6. “Danseur aux bras croisés,” 1923 (The Ishibashi Foundation, Tokyo)
7. “Arlequin au miroir,” 1923 (Museo Thyssen, Madrid)
8. “Le sauvetage,” 1932 (Fondation Beyeler)
9. “Le chandail jaune,” 1939 (Musée Berggruen, Berlin)
10. “Tête de femme avec un chapeau à pompons,” 1962
Read more about:
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.